Diploma of Salon Management
Find success in Spa Management
There’s nothing more satisfying than passing on the gift of well-being. Spa management will allow you to up-skill, and progress in the Beauty & Wellness industry. Take the next step in your journey and discover how you can find success in spa management.
Now enrolling for October 2023 study.
This course offers a combination of 100% online coursework, with 18 hours of in-spa work experience. Online classwork consists of 2 x 1 hour (minimum) webinars per week.
The program runs over 12 to 24 months. Duration is dependent on individual and workplace training arrangements.
This program requires 18 hours of in-spa work experience, completed in 3 x 6 hours shifts. endota Wellness College supports students through the process of finding work placement.
This program is VET Student Loans approved. Payment plans – allowing you to pay your tuition fees in instalments and by specified due dates – are available. This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding. Eligibility criteria apply. The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment.
Intake & Holidays
The SHB50216 Diploma of Salon Management has a rolling intake, allowing students to begin study at various points throughout the year. Students have a one week break between terms and a 5-week break at Christmas.
A VET Student Loan assists eligible students to pay tuition fees by accessing a government loan. Each loan gives rise to a VSL debt, due to the Commonwealth until it is repaid, and will only be granted for students who meet eligibility criteria. endota Wellness College is one of the approved high-quality training providers delivering VET Student Loan approved courses.
Easy 3-step enrolment
2. Funding review
3. Confirmation of eligibility
You’ll need to demonstrate the language, learning and numeracy skills that are needed to complete the course. Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements will be advised of the reasons for the outcome, other options that may be available to them and what they can do to meet requirements. A detailed enrolment procedure is available.
Endota Wellness College is not CRICOS registered and cannot accept students holding an Australian International Student Visa. Other types of visas may be acceptable, subject to the conditions of the visa.
Recognition of prior learning and credit transfer
Previous recognised training may count as credit towards a diploma. A student will be required to provide evidence that they have gained one or more Units of Competency offered in the qualification they wish to study at the time of enrolment but no later than the commencement of the relevant Unit/s of Competency.
RPL is an assessment process where a student will provide evidence of their skills and knowledge gained outside of their studies. This assessment process will determine if a student can receive recognition for these skills and knowledge. Please note that application for the RPL assessment process must occur prior to course commencement, and you can request a form from our Student Liaison Manager.
Units of Competency
To achieve the SHB50216 Diploma of Salon Management (Release 1), you will be required to complete a total of 10 units of competency. The following units comprising of 7 core units and 3 elective units, will be delivered throughout your studies:
- BSBHRM404 - Review human resource functions
- BSBHRM506 - Manage recruitment selection and induction processes
- SHBXPSM001 - Lead teams in a personal services environment
- SHBXPSM002 - Manage treatment services and sales delivery
- BSBSUS501 - Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- SHBXPSM003 - Promote a personal services business
- BSBSMB403 - Market the small business
- BSBWOR501 - Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBSMB406 - Manage small business finances
- SHBXWHS002 - Provide a safe work environment
- BSBHRM404 – Review human resource functions
- BSBHRM506 – Manage recruitment selection and induction processes
- SHBXPSM001 – Lead teams in a personal services environment
- SHBXPSM002 – Manage treatment services and sales delivery
- BSBSUS501 – Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- SHBXPSM003 – Promote a personal services business
- BSBSMB403 – Market the small business
- BSBWOR501 – Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBLED501 – Develop a workplace learning environment
- SHBXWHS002 – Provide a safe work environment
Need more information?
Our course information guide covers off everything you’ll need to know.
This government website can also help with more information about your qualification.
Ready to apply?
Enquire today to get in touch with our friendly student liaison team.