Diploma of Remedial Massage
We know massage isn’t just a treat – it’s an opportunity to restore wellness, to disconnect, breathe deeply and be mindful. At endota Wellness College we offer a direct, immersive and collaborative approach, producing skilled remedial massage therapists that go on to work in a broad range of fields, including private practice, wellness resorts, sporting organisations, salons and spas.
Enrol now for July study.
This program runs at our VIC and NSW campuses.
Full-time: Standard duration is 2 days on campus per week for 12 months
Part-time: 2 evenings a week on campus for 18 months
Duration may vary depending upon the individual cohort and workplace training arrangements.
Full-time and part-time students are expected to complete 200 hours of work experience.
On this particular program, you will be expected to complete a minimum 200 hours of clinical practice, providing remedial massage services to clients. At least 150 hours must be in our endota Wellness College student-run spa. Our student spa will give you all the hands-on experience you’ll need. Guided by one of our highly-experienced professional educators, you’ll learn about client relations, to the day-to-day running of a spa.
You will be required to buy a resources pack with the uniform, products and equipment you will need to complete your diploma (total cost $521.70). For further details, and to see a breakdown of resource items, see our tuition fee schedule.
Intake & Holidays
HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage has a minimum of two annual intakes. Students take a week-long break between terms and a 5-week break at Christmas. Daytime and evening programs are available. This course is now enrolling for July study at our VIC & NSW Campuses.
A VET Student Loan assists eligible students to pay tuition fees by accessing a government loan. Each loan gives rise to a VSL debt, due to the Commonwealth until it is repaid, and will only be granted for students who meet eligibility criteria. endota Wellness College is one of the approved high-quality training providers delivering VET Student Loan approved courses.
Easy 3-step enrolment
2. Funding review
3. Confirmation of eligibility
You’ll need to demonstrate the language, learning and numeracy skills that are needed to complete the course. Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements will be advised of the reasons for the outcome, other options that may be available to them and what they can do to meet requirements. A detailed enrolment procedure is available.
Endota Wellness College is not CRICOS registered and cannot accept students holding an Australian International Student Visa. Other types of visas may be acceptable, subject to the conditions of the visa.
Recognition of prior learning and credit transfer
Previous recognised training may count as credit towards a diploma. A student will be required to provide evidence that they have gained one or more Units of Competency offered in the qualification they wish to study at the time of enrolment but no later than the commencement of the relevant Unit/s of Competency. RPL is an assessment process where a student will provide evidence of their skills and knowledge gained outside of their studies. This assessment process will determine if a student can receive recognition for these skills and knowledge. Please note that application for the RPL assessment process must occur prior to course commencement, and you can request a form from our Student Liaison Manager.
Units of Competency
To achieve the HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage, you will be required to complete a total of 21 units of competency. The following units, comprising of 16 core units and 5 elective units, will be delivered throughout your studies:
- HLTMSG001 - Develop massage practice
- HLTINF004 - Manage the prevention and control of infection
- HLTWHS004 - Manage work health and safety
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
- HLTAAP003 - Analyse and respond to client health information
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- HLTMSG002 - Assess client massage needs
- HLTMSG004 - Provide massage treatments
- CHCCOM006 - Establish and manage client relationships
- BSBMED303 - Maintain patient records
- HLTMSG006 - Adapt remedial massage practice to meet specific needs
- HLTMSG008 - Monitor and evaluate remedial massage treatments
- HLTMSG003 - Perform remedial massage musculoskeletal assessments
- HLTMSG005 - Provide remedial massage treatments
- HLTREF002 - Provide reflexology for relaxation
- HLTARO001 - Develop aromatherapy practice
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCPRP005 - Engage with health professionals and the health system
- BSBSMB404 - Undertake small business planning
- HLTAAP002 - Confirm physical health status
- HLTMSG001 – Develop massage practice
- HLTINF004 – Manage the prevention and control of infection
- HLTWHS004 – Manage work health and safety
- HLTAID011 – Provide first aid
- HLTAAP003 – Analyse and respond to client health information
- CHCLEG003 – Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- HLTMSG002 – Assess client massage needs
- HLTMSG004 – Provide massage treatments
- CHCCOM006 – Establish and manage client relationships
- BSBMED303 – Maintain patient records
- HLTMSG006 – Adapt remedial massage practice to meet specific needs
- HLTMSG008 – Monitor and evaluate remedial massage treatments
- HLTMSG003 – Perform remedial massage musculoskeletal assessments
- HLTMSG005 – Provide remedial massage treatments
- HLTREF002 – Provide reflexology for relaxation
- HLTARO001 – Develop aromatherapy practice
- CHCPRP003 – Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCPRP005 – Engage with health professionals and the health system
- BSBSMB404 – Undertake small business planning
- HLTAAP002 – Confirm physical health status
Need more information?
Our course information guide covers off everything you’ll need to know.
This government website can also help with more information about your qualification.
Ready to apply?
Enquire today to get in touch with our friendly student liaison team.