Beauty Therapy Short Course
Would you like to learn more about what’s involved in beauty therapy, sample the commute to our college and meet the educators before you commit to the full diploma program? Do life’s other commitments leave you with just enough space to tackle the diploma a couple of units at a time? Our Beauty Therapy Short Course is an introductory program designed to give students the opportunity to complete a couple of the core units from the SHB50115 Beauty Therapy Diploma program. Students will receive a ‘Statement of Attainment’ for each unit that can be directly applied as credit toward the diploma program.
What will I learn in the short course?
How to create beautiful brows, including:
• brow waxing and tweezing techniques
• brow shapes and measurements to achieve balance
• makeup application to enhance brow shape and style
• brow and lash tinting
• health and hygiene considerations.
Makeup fundamentals, including:
• day wear makeup
• converting day makeup to evening makeup
• how to apply flawless false lashes
• essential contouring techniques
• makeup design
• how to navigate the product maze
• health and hygiene considerations relevant to makeup
• product ingredients and potential reactions
• tips and tricks for makeup design and application
• prepping the skin for makeup
• skincare essentials
• skin tone and colour guide
• colour theory.
When will I study?
• 9am-5pm—2 days per week for a period of 6 weeks OR
• 6pm-9.30pm—2 evenings per week for a period of 12 weeks.
When will I start?
Where will I study?
endota Wellness College, Melbourne campus
Shop F-01, The District Docklands, Docklands Drive, Docklands VIC 3008.
How much does it cost?
$984 course fee applies. This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding. Eligibility criteria apply. If eligible to access ‘Skills First’ funding you will only be required to pay a student contribution of $450. Should you decide to continue your study and complete the full Diploma of Beauty Therapy program, this fee will contribute towards the overall cost of the program. Payment plans are available. Eligible students may access a fee waiver. You will also incur a $40 textbook fee and are required to purchase an endota spa therapist uniform as listed below. The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment.
Is this training nationally recognised?
Yes. Upon successful completion of this short course you will receive a Statement of Attainment for SHBBFAS001 Provide Lash and Brow Services and SHBBMUP002 Design and Apply Makeup.
Does this course count towards my Diploma?
These units form part of SHB50115 Diploma of Beauty Therapy and can be used as direct credit toward achieving this qualification.
What units do I complete as part of the short course?
SHBBFAS001 Provide Lash and Brow Services
SHBBMUP002 Design and Apply Makeup
What will I wear?
You will need an endota spa therapist’s uniform. This includes:
• Yoga pants $35
• endota long sleeve t-shirt $30, or endota short sleeve t-shirt $20
• endota half apron $30, or endota full apron $48.
How do I apply?
To apply for the Beauty Therapy Short Course or the full SHB50115 Diploma of Beauty Therapy, please contact our Student Liaison Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 ENDOTA. We’ll get the ball rolling and help bring your wellness dreams to life.